Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Vested, I mean Gifted!

I finished the Mangyle vest for Jorge the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. He was thrilled-- I don't think he realized how much I did NOT enjoy knitting this vest. It was a total chore. I did already assure him (selfishly) that I will not make another no matter how much he likes his vest.

I also gifted the Fleegle socks to my mom who LOVED them. She went on and on about how much she loved then, how soft they were to wear and how she would like more in different colors. Of course, I created a monster!

No more WIPs...now what!? I want to knit for me but my sister and brother both requested knitted items and I'd like to make my dad a hat to match the mittens that I knit him last winter. My sister wants a pair of Convertible Mittens in black (she wants to blind me apparently). My brother wants a hat with ear flaps, though I couldn't tell if he was just kidding about the ear flaps. Maybe this one? I dunno. I still haven't picked out a pattern for my dad's hat but that should be easy-- something simple to show off the beautiful hand-painted variegation of the yarn. Maybe this one? It's simple enough, right!?

We'll see. I didn't plan on all this holiday knitting. And I'm sure that the fam has no idea how long it will take me to knit them all goodies. What a PIA. What can you do, ya know. If they're all done by the time Christmas rolls around, great. If not, they'll get them when they get them. I'm not going to worry about it. They would be extras at this point since I bought them all gifts already!

6 comments:

Jasmin said...

That is a FABULOUS vest!

Anonymous said...

That looks so cute!!!

I should knit one for my hubby!

bittenbyknittin said...

I knitted the Kittyville hat from SnB, sans ears, for my son-in-law, at his request. I did not know ear flaps were "in".

Team Knit said...

What a great vest!! You did such an amazing job.

- Julie

Melissa said...

That's a really cool vest - nice job!
It sounds like you have your hands full with Christmas knitting - good luck!

Brook said...

oh wow that looks GREAT!