Monday, November 17, 2008

Sock it to me!

My Fleegle Socks are done. They aren't perfect but turned out pretty decent. I never wanted to knit socks, but it everyone else loves them so I wanted to see what the big was. Once I figured out the heel turn and gusset (with help), I felt like I could understand why knitters like socks. Though I'm not sure if I really even want to knit more socks but they are a great take-with project.

I don't know what to do with them now that they're done-- keep them, give them to my mom? Would someone else even want "fraternal" socks? Are they thin enough to fit comfortably in a shoe? I did knit them on size 3's afterall. We'll see, but at least I can cross this project off my WIP list.

3 comments:

Amy Rose said...

Great job on the socks! I admire that you can knit so well. Unfortunately, I can't. I'm sure your Mom would love them!.. well if she's anything like my Mom who is a sockaholic!

~Amy Rose~
~Swell Stitches~
http://www.swellstitches.typepad.com

RandomRanter said...

Very pretty. And yeah, that was kind of my reaction, they travel well as WIPs, but I don't really wear them so - now what.

Melissa said...

Great socks!