Thursday, November 6, 2008

Goodies!

I had to go into the office early yesterday so I decided that I was leaving at 4. What would I do with this extra time that I had on my hands??? Hmmm...I dunno, go to my LYS!? Ok, that's a great suggestion! And so I did.


I was in search of "real" bobbins used in stranded knitting. I made some bobbins out of tag board and they just weren't cutting it. They were bendy and kept making my yarn unravel. What a PIA! Talk about time-consuming-- I'd have to stop, knitting, rewind each of my eight bobbins several times before I got through a single row of color work. At that rate I'd never finish this godforsaken vest!


I also got highlighter tape to help me follow the chart easily, knit clips to help me with finishing/seaming, and a pair of Addi Turbos just to see if what everyone says about them is true.
Man, those needles are expensive! We'll see if they live up to their reputation.

1 comment:

bittenbyknittin said...

I love my Addis but yes, they are expensive. A good, more economical alternative are Hiyas.