Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Not much actual knitting happening here

So I haven't been speed knitting at all lately. I've been a little unmotivated and kinda tired. Work has been really busy between recruiting and interviewing and every project that had to be done yesterday, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. My job is annoying right now so I'm going to blame it for sucking the creative energy right outta me!

I CO for the Puff Sleeve Feminine Cardigan from Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel. I've been holding off on CO this on but thinking about it constantly. So, here it goes. I'm only ~20 rows in but the yarn called for in the pattern is nice to knit with and the pattern seems pretty easy to follow so far. I can't wait until I'm at the point where I can go button shopping (at Windsor Button, of course) for this cardigan. I originally thought that I wanted to use pearl buttons but now I'm thinking that maybe I'll use cutely shaped plastic buttons in a bright contrasting color. We'll see-- I've only done the collar so far, so I have a lot to knit before the buttons need to be picked out.

I received my June non-wool skein of yarn from my secret pal from the No Sheep Swap. She sent me gorgeous HandMaiden Seasilk. It's amazing and sooo soft! The colorway is called Woodland. A pattern came along in the package for a scarf but I'm not sure if it's my style. Any suggestions as to what pattern works well with this yarn?






I decided to make a (tiny) swatch of this lovely cotton tape I received from my secret pal Sharon the Knitter's Treat Exchange a couple of months ago. It's Cherry Tree Hill Rainbow Ribbon in Sugar Maple. It's soft and light and reminds me of me of melting Popsicles. I have 262 yd of this beautiful stuff and I'm still not sure what to do with it. Has anyone knit with this yarn before?




The top 20 nominations for the next SKC KAL are up so go vote! I'm debating between three: Lillian, Fitted Tank, and Tulip. So many great choices! Ok, I'm off to rest for a bit and hopefully work on my PSC for a bit before supper.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Go check out what Grumperina has done with the sea silk. It's pretty impressive. She's done a handful of things from Victorian Lace Today with just one skein.

How can you choose at the SKC? They're all so pretty.