Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Holy Shit-- I ran out of Yarn!!!

I swear that this has never happened to me before. I don't know what's going on. It's not you-- it's me.
I canNOT believe it-- I ran out of yarn with mere rows to complete before my Owls sweater could be completed! I don't even think that it was a miscalculation on my part. I thought that I ordered 1 extra skein, as a matter or fact. Do you see what I have left around the neck of my dress form? WTF!?

I'm so bummed b/c I was supposed to finish my sweater last night while watching Heroes. That was the plan. I noticed that the ball I was knitting from was shirking exponentially but figured that I'd have just enough-- no suck luck. I'm still in shock that this could happen to me.

On a whim, I pulled up the WEB's page before bed last night and guiltily order another skein but who knows if the new dye lot will match. I'm soooo disappointed. I was just a few short rows and some ribbing away from a comfy Owls sweater. Wah.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be sad! You'll finish it soon... Perhaps during next week's episode of Fringe!!! :oD

If it's any consolation, it looks gorgeous thus far!

~Rubyredruca~ said...

That sucks! But it looks gorgeous!