Monday, July 14, 2008

NYC, take 2

I'm exhausted. I'm clearly getting too old to party into the wee hours of the morning. I was all over the city (NYC), for the second weekend in a row, for my best friend's bachelorette party. We had a great time. It was a blast to get all dolled up, have Martini's and Manicures at The Beauty Bar, dinner at Agave, and hit up some bars with my ladies. My body is not used to being out or even up at 4am these days not to mention the amount of alcohol consumed! Guess I'm not getting any younger.

Not much creativity going on this weekend with all the debauchery I engaged in. Though creative thoughts were plentiful. I made Rebecca pick out the materials for the garter ("something blue") that I'm making her at M & J Trimming. I could have spent hours in that place but it wasn't my party! I pinned out the lace, elastic and ribbon last night. Just need to sew it together and tack on a bow. Doesn't look like much so far. Pics to come after it's assembly!

I've made a bit of progress on my Hexicomb Cardigan. I like the knitting the hexigons-- it's easy but interesting enough at the same time. Can't wait to be able to wear it!


I also worked on Rebecca's shower favors for next weekend but I'm not going to show them until after the event...I don't know if she reads regularly, but I'm not taking any chances!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the Beauty Bar is awesome! Cute sweater too!