Tuesday, March 27, 2007




Le Slouche

Last night I made my gauge swatch and cast on for Le Slouche-- a slouchey beret-style hat. I know, I know-- it's late in the season for a hat, but I've always loved berets. And it's about time that I made something for myself! I'm using heathered-gray lion brand wool-ease. Cheap stuff, but good for the purpose.
Once Le Slouche has been completed, I will be joining the Sexy Knitters Club spring double-knit-a-long. The patterns chosen are Rusted Root by Zephyr and Sahara by StitchDiva. For now, I'm only planning on knitting Rusted Root. Not sure if I'd actually wear Sahara. I think I'm going to knit Rusted Root in a grassy green. I have to actually go yarn shopping for this one. I do not have a good yarn substitute in my stash for this project. Hopefully, I'll find some nice Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in the right shade. Anyone wanna go yarn shopping???