Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthday Fish & Vacation Shawls

I've been slow yet steady with the shawl knitting. I'm more than half way at this point! It's turning out lovely and I can really envision what it will look like with my cute black dress. I also cannot wait to block it. Blocking lace = knitter's high! The color is off in this picture-- truly it's a more fiery red!


I also started a knitted Angler Fish as part of Jorge's birthday present. I ordered this pattern from Etsy ages ago but never got around to knitting it for him. This pattern isn't a difficult one just lots of row-by-row instructions. It has tons of short-rows which, luckily, I taught myself to do recently. This is a quick and fun knit and I can't wait to give it to him!

1 comment:

Brook said...

cant wait to see the fish it looks like its going to be so cute!