Thursday, January 15, 2009

Slow Goings...

It's already half way through January 2009 and I don't have very much to show for it. I cast on for the Central Park Hoodie on the 2nd and it's just taking a lot to motivate myself to sit and knit. I started with the front right side which seemed to knit up rather quickly and am now several cable repeats into the back. It's cold out--seriously I want this one done! I need to be wearing it already.
Being that my knitting mojo has been waxing and waning, I've been spending an excessive amount of time cruising the pages of Ravelry when I should be making attempts at progress on this sweater. Damn you, Ravelry! You're such a time sucker. You're a vacuum for all of my possible knitting time. Ahhhh...

Not that I wish Ravelry away, just that I wish I had more self control and discipline. For heaven's sake, I <3 this site more than any other! But when inspiration turns into procrastination, I may need an intervention!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with lacking discipline in the project department. And I have been obsessively eyeing CPH for a week! Do you like the yarn you chose? I was looking at the EXACT same yarn and color, but am not familiar with the stuff and it had iffy reviews.

Mom IsAmagpie said...

That's working up nicely. I hear you about Ravelry, if I spent as much time knitting as I did drooling over everyone else's projects I'd have a new wardrobe.