Monday, June 23, 2008

Not so much knitting...
I don't know what it is. I think about knitting, read about knitting, listen to knitting podcasts but I'm just unable to get myself to sit down and actually do some knitting. I've made some progress on Rebecca's wedding stole, Wisp, but I'm not near done. Though I don't imagine that it's take very long to finish-- I'm about 1/3 of the way through the pattern. It's hard for me to get a lot done in a sitting because me KnitPicks Harmony needle has a split in the wood that keeps snaggin my yarn. It's driving me crazy, but the nice people at KnitPicks are sending me a replacement free of charge-- can't wait for it to arrive.

I've got several projects on the needles (see progress bars) but I'm just not motivated. I want more and different. I'm obsessed with the idea of a cotton summer cardi. No particular pattern in mind just a simple cardi. That's all I keep dreaming about casting on. I just can't get it out of my head. Maybe when I finish Wisp, I'll let myself seriously consider it.

Remember that I bitched a few weeks ago about not getting the tee I wanted from the Ravelry store? They were sold out and I was bitter? I knew that would jog your memory! Well, I decided to but a tee anyway in a 2XL and tailor it to fit me. I've reconstructed tee shirts in the past so I'm confident that I can do it. Me and my sewing machine need to get better aquainted these days anyway so this should be a fun and easy project. If you have any tried and true reconstruction ideas send them my way-- it's been awhile. I'll post pics whenever I finish-- as of now I haven't even received the tee in the mail yet so it might be some time before the FO appears here.

I've also been trying my hands at urban gardening again this year. Not only am I growing herbs (parsley, oregano, basil, & dill) but I'm also growing tomatoes. I'm growing heirlooms and sugarsun cherry tomatoes (the orange ones). Both plants are flourishing. I can't wait to make Caprese salad from my own tomatoes and basil!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love Caprese Salad... mmmm