Sunday, March 16, 2008

What a great way to start the day....

I started my day/ended my night on a red-eye from San Fran (this particular leg was from Las Vegas) to Boston. I didn't get an ounce of sleep thanks to a bratty, shouting, crying child. Don't people have any consideration...who takes a child on a midnight flight out of Vegas? People like to sleep on red-eye flights-- obviously a screaming, un-parented child is going to prevent that from happening. So now I'm in my 37th our of wakefullness and I'm to the point of being so overtired that I can't sleep. A couple of ativans before bed ought to do the trick.

And, yes, my California trip was chock full of fun. We'll see how my return to reality goes tomorrow. Now onto knitting content.

I had a pretty productive trip knitting-wise. I actually finished my Tree Jacket which was long over due! It turned out okay. Like many others, the sleeves are much too big but then again it's supposed to be a loose-fitting sweater. I like it alright. It came in handy while I was in San Francisco-- it was pretty chilly there during our stay. Picturess to come.

This is an exhibit showing that several Alcatraz inmates learned to knit to pass the time. These men had real balls-- pun intended!

I also started and finished two baby hats for a couple of people that I work with. One's tiny, for a preemie and one is maybe 0-3 months size. There's nothing better that coming back from a vacation with presents ;-)

2 comments:

Devonshire said...

Glad you made it home safely. Congrats on finishing the tree jacket - I'm sure it looks fantastic. Happy baby hats. Hope you had a fun!

Melissa said...

I bet you had a great time in SF. Love the Alcatraz pic!