Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tuscany, Puerto Rico!?

Gee, that doesn't sound right at all! Okay, that's because it's not. What I meant to say is that I'll be bringing my newly finished Tuscany shawl to Puerto Rico next week! I really didn't think that I'd have it finished but here she is...

I used a lovely cotton blend yarn the I bought for another project, for which my desire fizzled, a couple of years ago from Elann, which has since been discontinued. It's called Elann Endless Summer Luna and it is a fiery red colorway! It's has a shimmer and a great drape, but is a bit too splitty to work with in my opinion. I only did 9.5 repeats of the lace pattern because I used a larger needle size than called for and a heavy weight yarn.

All in all, it was a pretty easy and quick project. I think it turned out beautiful for my first lace project of this caliber. I hope that I get to wear it!

2 comments: