Friday, September 7, 2007

I'm trying to break out of this funk...

so I started a new project rather than finish any of my WIPs. Oh well, whatever makes me feel better seems to be the way to go. I started (and essentially finished) the Everlasting Bagstopper from this summer's Knitty. I's really trying to be more "green" these days and this is a step in the right direction.
First off, let me just say that this is a fabulous "zone out" project. The fishnet pattern is made up of a two round repeat. SO easy-- how can you mess that up right? Well, I don't have the exact answer to that question but I managed to screw up somewhere in the middle of the bag. It's really not noticeable but it it were any project other than a reusable grocery bag I would have totally ripped it out and started over.

Aside from my screw up, I've made a couple modifications to the pattern. I made it longer than recommended, decide to knit a garter stitch strap instead of the ribbon handles and do not plan on adding the drawstring for easy storage. Believe it or not, the strap is actually taking me longer to knit that the bag did ;-)

So if you're looking for a quick and easy pattern (i.e. instant gratification) I would totally recommend it. Once the strap is complete and sewed on I'll post FO pics and maybe even some action shots if I'm lucky.

2 comments:

Devonshire said...

Looks awesome. Looking forward to those action shots....

VeganCraftastic said...

Your bag looks great, I'm making my second Everlasting Bagstopper now. Oh, and I messed up the pattern half way through as well, but it doesn't bug me cause it's just a market bag.